St Matthew’s United Methodist Church
Welcome to St Matthew’s United Methodist Church, a church that is located in the heart of downtown Richmond, Virginia. We are a diverse community of people who have come together to worship and serve together. Through our worship, fellowship and service we experience God’s love through Jesus Christ.
St Matthew’s United Methodist Church is located at:
700 E Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23219
St Matthew’s United Methodist Church
- St Matthew’s United Methodist Church is located at: 200 W Milton Ave, Melbourne, FL 32901.
- TEL: 772-218-8868
- FAX: 772-218-1408
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEBSITE ADDRESS: https://stmatthewsumc.wordpress.com/
Hours of operation are as follows: Sunday services begin at 10am and last for about one hour and fifteen minutes; Wednesday Bible study begins at 7pm and lasts for about one hour; Thursday fellowship begins at 6pm, with a meal provided afterwards (and sometimes with games). Services are also held on Saturday mornings, but not all weeks have those services available due to other events taking place during the week (see calendar below).
Welcome to St Matthew’s United Methodist Church!
Welcome to the world of God. If you are new to our church, welcome. Our doors are always open, and we want you to feel at home here with us. We hope that you will find a welcoming community where everyone is part of something bigger than themselves—a living body of Christ called the Church.
Welcome to the world of Jesus Christ. In this place where we all come together as one body of believers, there is no room for hate or abuse because God loves all people equally with an unconditional love that never fails and transforms lives for good. He has made it possible for us all to know him personally through his Son Jesus Christ; so if there is anything about this life that troubles you or causes pain, know that through faith in Him we can find joy now and forevermore (Romans 5:1-5).
Welcome also means “welcoming” or “accepting”. We believe in each other’s inherent worth as children of God created perfectly by His hand; therefore no matter what race or religion someone may be from they too deserve equal respect within our community regardless whether they might differ politically or religiously from yourself—because “God has chosen them before birth.”(Ephesians 1:4)
- To be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ in our community, and to be a community of Christ-followers who are discipled to live lives that bless others.
- To be a welcoming community that is open to all people, regardless of their ethnicity, social or economic status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or physical ability.
- To be a place of Christian worship where people experience God through the Sacraments (Word & Sacrament), worship music and prayer; where people connect with each other through classes and small groups; where children learn about God through education based on their needs; where we encourage one another in our walk with Jesus Christ.
The vision of St Matthew’s United Methodist Church is to be a church that is a welcoming community of believers, growing in faith and love, and sharing the love of God with all people. We will worship God together as we celebrate the sacraments of baptism and the Lord’s Supper, teach each other from the Bible to help us live our lives more fully in accordance with God’s commands, encourage one another through prayer and study of God’s word, support one another through fellowship activities (e.g., sharing time over meals), minister to those less fortunate than ourselves through various outreach programs throughout our local communities; work toward justice for all people by advocating for social justice issues such as hunger eradication or gender equality; provide opportunities for spiritual growth through individualized discipleship relationships; reach out openly to those who are not yet followers of Jesus Christ with love while respecting their right not accept him as their Savior
We believe that God has spoken and revealed Himself in the Bible, the Holy Scriptures, which is the infallible Word of God. We believe that Jesus Christ is fully divine and became fully human in order to make a complete atonement for our sins by His death on the cross; that He arose bodily from the dead; that He ascended into Heaven where He now sits at the right hand of God; and will return again to receive us unto Himself.
We believe that salvation is through Jesus Christ alone. Salvation is a free gift of God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone. We believe in baptism by immersion after repentance and conversion as being necessary for salvation (Acts 2:38).
Sunday school is held before the worship service in our sanctuary, which is located at 12904 Fraley Road.
There are classes available for all ages:
- Children’s Sunday School, which meets each week upstairs in the youth room. The class is open to children up through age 12 and meets at 10:45 a.m.
- Youth Sunday School, which meets downstairs in the education wing of our building from 11:00 to noon every Sunday, except during summer vacation when it meets on Tuesdays instead of Sundays (so come!). This class is for middle schoolers through high school age students who want to learn more about God and be involved in fun activities together!
- Adult Education Bible Study runs from 9:00-10:30 every Tuesday morning throughout most of the year (except for vacation weeks). We meet at our main facility on Fraley Road; the study alternates between studying both Old and New Testament scripture, so you’ll never get bored!
For more information about any of these classes or groups please contact [church secretary].
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this church, please contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
Address: 123 Main St. New Haven, CT 06789 USA (map)
Hours of Operation: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed weekends and holidays
St Matthew’s United Methodist Church.
St Matthew’s United Methodist Church is a church in the United Methodist denomination. It is located in the city of San Antonio, Texas, and it is also known as St Matthew’s United Methodist Church. The church was founded in 1867 by German immigrants who were seeking religious freedom from persecution by other denominations.
St Matthew’s United Methodist Church is a place to connect with God and other people. We believe in being a grace-filled congregation that welcomes all who come through our doors. If you’re looking for a church home, then we would love it if you would join us at one of our upcoming services!